Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Back in it! Second milestone!

It feels so good to be back in Rio. 
There's no place I enjoy landing more at, than SDU.

With the paranoia of having the possibility of being robbed. With the noise. With the pollution. With the smell of urine in Lapa. This place makes me happy. It's the vibe. It's the carioca culture...

Now that I have my documents, I'm back in it to win it.

I began yesterday by looking on easyquarto.com.br/ for a place.
I can't stress enough how convenient and efficient this website is. Yes, even if one has to pay to use it, it works for finding a location in Rio de Janeiro. This time around I received more decent offers than last time. Rent has gone down and it's rather reasonable now.

I want a stable address. I've come to understand that this is the start for anything.
In Rio it's hard because of the seasons/festivals/soccer games/celebrities, so prices sky-rocket overnight.
I managed to find a place where I have my own space (a very small room), a sink and a toilet. I share a shower, kitchen, living room and a washing machine.
It's located on the southern part of Copacabana. Yes. COPA-freakin'-CABANA.
(It's almost at my dream location: Ipanema... )

Finding this place is my second milestone. I did it.
It's cheaper than my hostel, it's clean and I have privacy. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment