Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Catch-Up Post

Carnaval came and went. It was awesome. It was what I expected it to be. Crazy musical fun of epic proportions. Just collective non-sense and alot of drinking. I wish I had written more about it then, because now the details are missing.

I went to Buenos Aires, Argentina. 
You can say it was a "last minute decision" to buy the airplane ticket, but I did do my research. A few days before my flight, I read everything I could about it. I googled it. I studied maps. I decided to divide Buenos Aires in two, so travel time wouldn't be the focus of my day.
In comparison to Rio de Janeiro, it was a breeze to get around (except the Metro - Subte, that made NO sense), it was clean and I felt very safe!
The food: WOW, that juicy meat bro!! Chimichurri. Roquefort Empanadas... DAMN! Media-Luna Croissants!! ALFAJOR!! MMMMMmmmm!!
And... the affordable wine!!

As you can see, I kind of fell inlove with Argentina. Just by seeing BA, I kinda began to realize that Argentina has SO much to offer and for some reason it went under my radar. It has fun from desert to beach, to glaciers, to Iguacu Falls. I think more people should go there.

Coming back 'home' to Rio de Janeiro was a bit of a slight joke on arrival. It was 1AM and I had picked up my backpack and was exiting the airport to get a cab.There was a 400 person line up and no taxis! This was at Galeao International Airport, 3 months before the world arrives here for the Fifa World Cup. It dawned once again on me- some things in Brazil just DON'T work, it'll be so embarrassing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment