Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Recurring Debate

As I prepare to make my next move (in life!), there is a recurring thought that is resurfacing like oil in water.

The debate is between the importance of SKILL and PASSION.

I'm reading books on it. I am discussing it. 
I accept that it has to be a balance between both, but because I can't figure out my own balance, I don't feel comfortable enough making a choice... in what to do.


This diagram depicts my issue in clarity.
My indecision lies in nothing overlapping.

Sometimes we tend to believe that one HAS to be passionate about their work and the skill will just emerge from it. 
Sometimes we tend to believe that passion derives from being really well skilled.

When I sit here believing I haven't got either, it's a decision that's filled with anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment