Saturday, February 22, 2014

Pre-Carnaval WOW.

Okay. Blocos have begun and I have managed to miss alot of them. Mostly due to work.
So what happens...what are blocos? (please understand this description is before I've even been to one).

Blocos I've been told:
People who play music together. Dance together. And they ALL have tacky names. There are blocos dedicated to certain things: like being single, being too sexy, being gay, etc.

It's extremely awesome to ride the bus home and see people all over the city wearing color wigs, costumes, beads, carrying props... just anything... ANYTHING counts.

I went down the street at 7pm to get some potatoes and I see girls wearing crowns, fake jewelry, beads, boas... the more colos the better. Men wearing funky hats... ANYTHING. Carnaval might be the coolest thing I'll ever experience. Holy shit, these two weeks will be insane! I'M SO EXCITED!

Starting tomorrow, 10am. My first bloco. Fogo e Paixao.
Rio de Janeiro, I love you! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment