Monday, June 3, 2013

First Milestone.

It's pouring rain today.

I went to Botafogo Shopping to buy a local "CHIP" for my cellphone and the didn't have any left at Lojas Americans. The lady told me to go to Casa & Videos about two blocks away... and that's where I bought my CHIP with my RIO phone number.
It's kind of funny, you literally walk up to a sign that has the different operators (phone companies): Claro, Vivo, TIM, OI and under them there are slots with different phone numbers displayed. You litteraly pick your number.

Phone numbers in Brasil are 8 numbers. I tried to find one that had some sort of logic, or numbers that I've had in the past, or that my friends have, but there was no pattern. So I tried to pick one with as many of the same number as possible, strategic, huh? hehe...

Then I went back to the Claro Shop and they told me that I have to go to another store if I don't have CPF. I started getting anxiety because I wasn't thinking it would be possible or that I wouldn't have enough money (I left with about 25$R in my pocket).

After walking a few blocks and getting splashed by cars driving, by I arrived. The registration was free and took about 10 minutes. The guy just asked for my passport, and TA-DA ladies and gentlemen.... I HAVE A ZERO-21 phone number!! Yehhhhhhhh!!!
Then I put lots of credit on it. Now I can call all kinds!

On the priority list: appointment for my carteira de identidade. Then apartments... yehhhhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment