Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Why Have I Chosen to Move to Brazil?

As the date approaches and I run into people I hadn't yet seen and I tell them that I am off on the 27th, the first question I'll get is: Why?

The answer is simple in nature, yet complex in intent.
The simple answer is: I can, so why not?

I'm young. At 27... yeh, right!
I haven't chosen to get pregnant. 
I'm done with university. 
I don't have a job, place to live or car. 
There is nothing to my name. (No mortgage!) 
I've been to Brazil and I enjoy being there. 
I believe I have skills that'll benefit me in finding work there.... so why not?

The intent of me moving there is deeper than the obvious desire of the pursuit of pleasure. 

How can I explain that it's because at the age of 27, I still don't feel confident leading my life as I want it to?
How can I explain that it's because I don't want to sit here and wonder what it would've been like if I followed my own heart and lived?

It's about my ability to make my own goals and reach them. 
It's about having to deal with my troubles alone, in the manner that it'll someday be.
It's about me "growing up". Yes, as a rights of passage!
This'll be me, becoming a better version of myself and who I'll chose to become without comfort as an influence. 

I think that having the opportunity to move to Brazil is amazing. It's something I've always dreamt of doing. Now is the time, I'm taking a chance because I can

No comments:

Post a Comment