Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Nooks And Crannies of Rio de Janeiro

After a year, I am ready to depart from this amazing city. 

I'm extremely happy with all the opportunities I got and all the things I've done. 
Here's a map (from facebook tagging), which shows where I've been.

I have explored some of the nooks and crannies of this city... which seemed gigantic at a first, and now I can navigate with ease.

The concentration is usually around Lapa/Centro because that's where I live.
Then it's in Ipanema, my favourite beach. 
I took some time to go to Niteroi too: to eat fish at the market (not so impressive!), to look at the Oscar Niemeyer's museum (the outside, because the museum's expo is quite weak!) and to see Rio from Niteroi.

I decided to make a brief list (in no particular order) of my favourite Rio de Janeiro places in the past year:

Hanging out places:
Ipanema beach; especially on Sundays.
Escadaria Selaron, Friday nights.
Pedra do Sal, Monday nights.
Extreme corner of Leme or Leblon, away from wandering vendors.
Urca & Arpoador for sunsets.
Lage Park, for relaxing.
Lagoa Rodrigo Freitas, for anything, except eating...
Largo do Machado, great for people watching!

In Lapa:
Bar da Cachaca, Vaca Atolada, Bonde do Sucos, Bar da Garrafa.

In Botafogo: 
Comuna.
Beside the metro; the R$5 soup place (Soupas Dois Irmaos). Great for people watching!

Copacabana:
Pavao Azul, pastel is R$2.

No comments:

Post a Comment